- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Matthew Weaver, printer,outdoorsman, tied flies
Matthew L. Weaver, age 51, passed away suddenly Monday, March 12, 2012 at home.
Born in Lancaster, Matt was the son of Alice Faye (Weaver) Roney and Lee Weaver.
Until his health declined, Matt had translated a lifelong passion for printing into employment at A&W Printing and Mt Bethany Printing. He was an avid fly fisherman, tying his own flies. He enjoyed the shooting sports including trap, skeet and hunting. He was a member of the NRA as well as a member of the Ducks Unlimited Feather Society. He also loved to travel and experience new places, often through the mechanism of hunting. Matthew will be remembered by many for his kind and generous heart and his willingness to lend a helping hand.
Matt is survived by his mother: Alice Faye, wife of C. Michael Roney, of Narvon; his father: Lee Weaver, husband of Mary Weaver, of Lititz; and four brothers: Mark, husband of Trina Weaver, of Denver; Michael, husband of Lisa Weaver, of New Holland; David Weaver, of Lititz; and Ivan Roney, of Odenton, Md.; a sister: Trina Roney, of Waldorf, Md.; 11 nieces and nephews; one great-niece; and a paternal grandmother: Anna Weaver, of New Holland.
Funeral services were held March 17 at the Roseboro Stradling Funeral Home, Denver, with Pastor Mike Roney officiating.