- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Michael Lee Roland, 50, Legion cook, brick layer
Michael "Mike" Lee Roland passed away April 13, 2013 at Ephrata Community Hospital of a heart attack.
He was born in Ephrata, Feb. 11, 1963. He was the son of Betty (Trostle) Roland of Reinholds and the late Robert Roland of Tennessee. Mike attended Wilson High School, West Lawn and played football. He was a brick layer and had numerous other jobs including working at the A.W. Golden auto dealer body shop and was a cook at the Ephrata Legion. He enjoyed NASCAR, pro football, rock music and antique collecting. He especially enjoyed his dogs, Ralph and Axel, and also liked fishing and hunting, in his early years.
Mike lived in Denver since December and was going back to New Mexico in May.
In addition to his mother, Mike is survived by his daughter: Katie Roland of Bowmansville; siblings: Deb Roland, companion of Jamie Dale of Reamstown; Sue, wife of Steve Wentzel of Denver; Becky Nagle of Denver; Dustin, husband of Wendy Roland of Wernersville; 10 nieces and nephews; one great niece and one great nephew; three cousins; and many friends.
There will be a celebration of life for Mike for family and friends at a later date which will announced.
Arrangements by Roseboro Stradling Funeral & Cremation Services, Inc., Denver. Online condolences can be given at roseborostradling.com.