- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Michael Reddig, 21, former EASD student
Michael Robert Reddig, age 21, died of an accidental death Thursday, Dec. 29, 2011 at his home in Voorhees, N.J.
He was born in Lancaster on Oct. 14, 1990, to James C. Reddig Sr. and Ivete R. Squitieri.
After attending school in the Ephrata Area School District (EASD), Michael earned his GED in New Jersey and held various jobs in the area. He enjoyed listening to music, running, lifting weights and video games. Michael also wrote beautiful poetry. His ambition was to become a nurse in order to help others.
Michael is survived by his parents; stepmother: Jody Reddig; two brothers: Paul A. Snader Jr. and James C. Reddig Jr.; and a sister: Dru A. Reddig. Michael lived with his surviving paternal grandparents: Charles and Carmen Reddig, from age 6 to 16, when he joined his mother in New Jersey. Michael will be greatly missed by family and friends, including many aunts, uncles, cousins and a niece.
His maternal grandparents: Norman and Betty Charles, predeceased him.
Michael was baptized into the Lutheran faith. We will love you always, Michael.
His funeral service was held at the Stradling Funeral Home, Ephrata, on Jan. 4.
Memorial contributions in Michael’s memory may be made to Abundant Living Ministries, 541 W. 28th Division Highway, Lititz, PA.
Arrangements were made by Stradling Funeral Homes Inc., Akron/Ephrata. Online condolences can be given at stradlingfuneralhome.com.