- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Michael Shinglock, machinist
Michael L. Shinglock, 59, of East Petersburg, went to be with his Lord and Savior Thursday, May 17, 2012.
He was born in Hazleton to the late George and Elsie (Searfoss) Shinglock and married to Patricia (Grohman) Shinglock for 34 years.
Michael enjoyed spending time with his four grandchildren: Kailey, Douglas, Nicholas and Michael. He was an avid Nascar fan, enjoyed fly fishing and mountain biking along the Lehigh River. He was employed as a machinist at FLSmidth in Manheim.
In addition to his wife, Michael is survived by two daughters: Carina, wife of Douglas Musick, of Hanover; and Elyse Shinglock, of East Petersburg. He is also survived by one brother, one sister and multiple nieces and nephews.
A memorial service was held on May 22 at Living Hope Community Church in Lancaster. Pastor Ron Ressler officiated. Interment will be private and at the convenience of the family.
In lieu of flowers, donations can be made in Michael’s memory to Living Hope Community Church, 2823 Columbia Ave., Lancaster, PA 17603.
Arrangements are being made by Stradling Funeral Homes Inc., Akron/Ephrata. Online condolences can be given at stradlingfuneralhome.com.