- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Mildred E. Meier, Stevens, was Penn Dairies worker
Mildred Ellen Meier, 87, of Stevens, passed away Saturday, July 27, 2013, at Hospice & Community Care, Mount Joy.
She was born in Marticville to the late Harry and Rena (Cramer) Yost and was the wife of Robert A. Meier Sr., with whom she shared 67 years of marriage.
Mildred was a member of the Church of the Apostles UCC, Lancaster, where she was a former Sunday school teacher. In her early years, she worked for Penn Dairies. She enjoyed flowers and gardening.
In addition to her husband, she is survived by a son: Robert Jr., husband of Deborah Meier of Stevens; a daughter: Maurina Roether of Stevens; her grandchildren: Ronald Roether; Denise, wife of John Durling; Robert III, husband of Lara Meier; Michaela, wife of Matthew Helfer; great grandchildren: Samuel, Alyssa, Elliana, Erich and Carson; a brother: John, husband of Lois Yost of Strasburg and numerous nieces and nephews.
In addition to her parents, she was preceded in death by her siblings: Gladys, Thelma, Clarence, George, Margaret and Ralph.
A viewing was held July 30 at the Stradling Funeral Home, Ephrata, followed by her funeral services with Rev. Kathryn Kuhn officiating. Interment will take place in the Riverview Memorial Park.
Memorial contributions in Mildred’s memory may be made to Hospice & Community Care P. O. Box 4125 Lancaster, PA 17604.
Arrangements by Stradling Funeral Homes, Inc., Akron/Ephrata. Online condolences can be given at stradlingfuneralhome.com.