- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Mildred Snader, active in church, library volunteer
Mildred (Bingeman) Snader, 88, of Akron, passed away Tuesday, June 7, 2011 at Brethren Village.
Born in Hopeland, she was the daughter of the late Ralph and Ella (Hensel) Bingeman and was the wife of the late J. Ivan Snader.
Mildred was a lifelong member of Hopeland U.M. Church and was treasurer of the United Methodist Women’s Group. She was a volunteer at the Ephrata Public Library and a member of the Christian Women’s Club, the W.W. Moyer 25-year Club, the Ephrata Rec Center PC Club and the Young at Heart Club.
She is survived by her son: Randall Scott, husband of Rebecca Jean (Shelly) Snader, of Manheim; three grandchildren: Kari H. Monk; Ginny K. Snader; and Molly E., wife of Ryan Donough; one great-grandchild: Maddox; two brothers: Harold, husband of Nancy (Weaver) Bingeman, of Ephrata; and Larry H., husband of Gaile (Raker) Bingeman, of Elizabethtown; and a sister: Myrleen, wife of Stanley "Skip" Kline, of Stevens.
She was preceded in death by her sister: Alverta Leed.
Hopeland United Methodist Church hosted funeral services June 10. Interment took place in Hopeland Cemetery.
Memorial contributions in Mildred’s memory may be made to Hospice of Lancaster County, P.O. Box 4125, Lancaster, PA 17604.
Arrangements were made by Stradling Funeral Homes Inc., Akron/Ephrata. Online condolences can be given at stradlingfuneralhome.com.