- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Muriel R. Schlouch, 88, co-owned disposal company
Muriel R. Schlouch, 88, of Mohnton, passed away Friday, July 12, 2013 at Denver Health & Rehabiliatation Center.
She was born in Angelica, Berks County, to the late Cansie U. and Jennie (Ulrich) Shupp and was the wife of the late Samuel Schlouch, who passed away in 1999.
Muriel was a member of Allegheny United Church of Christ, Alleghenyville. She was a member of the Brecknock Berks Co. Fire Company Women’s Auxiliary. Muriel enjoyed cooking, sewing and crocheting.
During her working years, Muriel worked at Cinderella Knitting Mill, Denver, the former Redcay’s Hat Factory, Adamstown, and was a co-owner of Yelks Disposal Company, Adamstown, with her former late husband.
Muriel is survived by a son: David M., husband of Linda (Eberly) Yelk of Reinholds; a granddaughter: Jennifer, wife of Masaru Hateruma of Japan; two great-grandchildren: Kayla Yelk of West Lawn and Kenji Hateruma of Japan; two brothers: James W. Shupp Sr. of Hamburg and Cansie U. Shupp Jr. of Reinholds.
In addition to her late husband and parents, she was preceded in death by her first husband: William J. Yelk; a grandson: Bryan Yelk; a brother: Carl Shupp; and two sisters: Lillian Sweitzer and Barbara Spotts.
A viewing was held July 17 at the Allegheny United Church of Christ, Alleghenyville, followed by funeral services with Pastor Thomas Adil officiating. Interment took place in the Allegheny Union Church Cemetery.
Memorial contributions in Muriel’s memory may be made to the Allegheny United Church of Christ, 1219 Kurtz Mill Road, Mohnton, PA 19540.
Arrangements by Roseboro Stradling Funeral & Cremation Services, Inc., Denver. Online condolences can be given at roseborostradling.com.