- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Nancy Landis, 78, Gerber employee
Nancy R. Landis, 78, of Denver, passed away Wednesday, Dec. 7, 2011 at Lancaster General Hospital.
Born in Ephrata, she was the daughter of the late Ira and Lydia C. (Rutt) Good and was the wife of the late Luther Landis who died in September 2001.
She especially enjoyed her family, family trips to Rehoboth Beach, traveling, sewing, gardening and cooking. She was employed for 25 years by the W.W. Moyer and Gerber Companies of Ephrata prior to retirement as a sewing machine operator.
Nancy is survived by her four children: Bonnie F. Brendle, of Denver; Peggy Klopp, of Akron; Susan, wife of Robert Frederick Jr., of Denver; and Donald L., husband of Karen (Ludwig) Landis, of Denver; nine grandchildren; 12 great-grandchildren; one great-grandchild; her brother: Richard, husband of Becky (Specht) Good, of Denver; and numerous nieces and nephews.
Besides her parents and husband, she was preceded in death by her sister: Doris, wife of Kenneth Althouse.
A graveside service was held on Dec. 10 at the Mellingers Union Cemetery, Schoeneck, with Pastor Timothy Craven officiating.
Memorial contributions in Nancy’s memory may be made to the Alzheimer’s Association South Central Pennsylvania Chapter, 3544 N. Progress Ave., Suite 205, Harrisburg, PA 17110-9638.
Arrangements were made by Roseboro Stradling Funeral & Cremation Services Inc., Denver. Online condolences can be given at roseborostradling.com.