- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Nevin S. Martin, New Holland
Nevin S. Martin, 82, of New Holland, passed away Sunday, March 31, 2013 at his residence.
He was born on October 24, 1930, in Earl Township to the late Phares W. and Marjorie B. (Stahl) Martin and was the husband of the late Mary M. (Weaver) Martin who passed away September 23, 1999.
He is survived by five sons: David W., husband of Esther M. Martin of Port Treverton; Phares W., husband of Mary Ann M. Martin of Albion, N.Y.; Nevin W., husband of Barbara Martin of Tunas, Mo.; Marvin W., husband of Mabel S. Martin of New Holland; Mark W. Martin of Bainbridge, Ohio; three daughters: Rachel W. Martin of New Holland; Julia W. Martin of Bainbridge, Ohio; Arlene W., wife of Michael Auker of Breckenridge, Mo.; 52 grandchildren; 18 great-grandchildren; three brothers: Arthur; Lester; and Ernest Martin; four sisters: Erma, Arlene, Rachel and Mae; a sister-in-law: Eva B. Martin of Port Treverton; a son-in-law: Warren S., husband of Yvonne M. (Stauffer) Martin of Ephrata; and a daughter-in-law: Josephine B. Martin of Port Treverton.
In addition to his wife and parents, he is preceded in death by three children: Joanna; Mary Etta; and Elvin Martin; five grandchildren; and one brother: Roy B. Martin.
A viewing will be held on Thursday, April 4, from 2 to 4 and 6 to 8 p.m. at the late residence, 305 White Oak Rd., New Holland. Funeral services will be held at 8:30 a.m. on Friday from the late residence with further services at 9 a.m. from the Stauffer Mennonite Church, Earl Township. Interment will be in the adjoining church cemetery.
Kindly omit flowers.
Arrangements by Stradling Funeral Homes, Inc., Akron/Ephrata. Online condolences can be given at stradlingfuneralhome.com.