- Reel Reviews: 2017 Oscar picks
- ‘American Idiot’ at EPAC
- Warwick grad producing ‘Million Dollar Quartet’ at Dutch Apple
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- St. Patty’s musical at Ephrata Main
- Dance, concert will benefit Jamaica missions
- Happy Anniver5ary, St. Boniface!
- Downtown diversity
- Travelogue will explore Colorado River this Saturday
Nhia Long Thao, 87, Royal Lao Army vet, carpenter
Nhia Long Thao, 87, of Mohnton, died Saturday, Aug. 17, 2013, in ManorCare West Reading.
Born in Xieng Khouang, Laos, he was a son of the late Chong Lo Thao and a veteran of the Royal Lao Army. Nhia Long was a member of Hmong Community Evangelical Lutheran Church, Mohnton. He was a carpenter in Laos and a loving husband, father and grandfather.
Surviving is his wife: Sia Vang, Mohnton; children: Chong M. Lo, Mohnton; Der Thao, Georgia; Paochoua Lo, Minnesota; Yia Lo, Colorado; Ker Lo, Wisconsin; Lue Thao, Mai Xao Thao and Mee Lo, all of Laos; many grand, great-grand and great-great-grandchildren and three brothers. He was predeceased by his first wife, Bee Yang. Funeral services and viewings will be held Aug. 23 from 6 to 8 p.m.; Aug. 24, 10 a.m. to noon and 6 to 8 p.m. and beginning at 9 a.m. on Aug. 26, all from Good Funeral Home, Reamstown, with Pastors Shong Chai Hang and William Song officiating. Burial will be in Caernarvon Cemetery, Morgantown.
Good Funeral Home & Cremation Centre, Reamstown, is honored to be serving the Thao family.