- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Nhia Long Thao, 87, Royal Lao Army vet, carpenter
Nhia Long Thao, 87, of Mohnton, died Saturday, Aug. 17, 2013, in ManorCare West Reading.
Born in Xieng Khouang, Laos, he was a son of the late Chong Lo Thao and a veteran of the Royal Lao Army. Nhia Long was a member of Hmong Community Evangelical Lutheran Church, Mohnton. He was a carpenter in Laos and a loving husband, father and grandfather.
Surviving is his wife: Sia Vang, Mohnton; children: Chong M. Lo, Mohnton; Der Thao, Georgia; Paochoua Lo, Minnesota; Yia Lo, Colorado; Ker Lo, Wisconsin; Lue Thao, Mai Xao Thao and Mee Lo, all of Laos; many grand, great-grand and great-great-grandchildren and three brothers. He was predeceased by his first wife, Bee Yang. Funeral services and viewings will be held Aug. 23 from 6 to 8 p.m.; Aug. 24, 10 a.m. to noon and 6 to 8 p.m. and beginning at 9 a.m. on Aug. 26, all from Good Funeral Home, Reamstown, with Pastors Shong Chai Hang and William Song officiating. Burial will be in Caernarvon Cemetery, Morgantown.
Good Funeral Home & Cremation Centre, Reamstown, is honored to be serving the Thao family.