- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Noah B. Hurst Sr., 92, Lime Rock Mennonite member, had 119 great-grandchildren
Noah B. Hurst, Sr., 92, of Ephrata, passed away Tuesday, July 15, 2014, at his residence.
He was born in Martindale to the late Frank and Lydia (Burkholder) Hurst and was the husband of the late Mabel H. (Zimmerman) Hurst who passed away in 2012.
Noah was a member of Lime Rock Mennonite Church, Weaverland Conference.
He is survived by five children: Mary, wife of Willis Wenger of Womelsdorf, Miriam, wife of Leroy Martin of Lebanon, Noah Jr., husband of Mildred (Zimmerman) Hurst of Lititz, Irene, wife of Irvin High of Myerstown, Elvin, husband of Carol (Haller) Hurst of Lititz; a son in law: Lloyd Martin, husband of the late Ruth (Hurst) Martin of Lebanon; 25 grandchildren; 119 great-grandchildren; 10 great-great-grandchildren; three brothers: Paul, husband of Anna Mary Hurst of Ephrata, Frank, husband of Anna Mary Hurst of East Earl, Ivan, husband of Mary Hurst of Ephrata; and three sisters: Lydia, wife of the late Ivan Hoover of Lititz, Esther, wife of John Martin of Denver and Alta, wife of Stanley Martin of Ephrata.
In addition to his wife and parents, he was preceded in death by a daughter: Ruth Martin; four great-grandchildren; and three sisters: Emma Horning, Katie Horning and Mary Martin.
Services were held July 18 at Lime Rock Mennonite Church, Weaverland Conference, Penn Valley Road, Lititz, with Bishop Melvin Martin officiating. Interment took place in the adjoining church cemetery. Kindly omit flowers.
Arrangements by Stradling Funeral Homes Inc., Akron/Ephrata. Online condolences can be given at stradlingfuneralhome.com.