- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Noah Burkholder Jr., 83, farmer
Noah Z. Burkholder Jr., 83, of Myerstown, died Saturday, June 18, 2011 in Myerstown.
He was born May 12, 1928 in Ephrata Township, a son the late Noah W. and Elizabeth Z. Zimmerman Burkholder. He was the husband of Annie W. Nolt Burkholder with whom he was married for 63 years.
Noah was employed as a farmer and was a member of the Martin’s Mennonite Church of the Weaverland Conference in Womelsdorf.
Surviving in addition to his wife are children: Lucille, wife of Glenn High, of Robesonia; Elizabeth, wife of Marvin Weaver, of Lititz; Aaron, husband of Edith Huber Burkholder, of Myerstown; Noah, husband of Martha Sensenig Burkholder, of New Holland; and Anna, wife of Lester High, of Denver; 26 grandchildren; 56 great-grandchildren; brothers: David Burkholder, of Ephrata; Ivan, husband of Irene M. Zimmerman Burkholder, of Akron; Harvey, husband of Jeanette M. Shober Burkholder, of Ephrata; Norman Burkholder, of Leola; and Elvin Burkholder, of Ephrata; sisters: Anna, wife of Eli M. Horst, of Denver; Mary, wife of Melvin Martin, of Richland; Edna, wife of Noah B. Weaver, of Manheim; Lena, wife of Paul B. Zimmerman, of Ephrata; Ella, wife of Raymond M. Hurst, of Ephrata; and Etta, wife of Edwin M. Martin, of Holtwood.
He was preceded in death by a son; grandson; two great-grandsons; brother: Aaron Burkholder; and sisters: Alta Zimmerman, Elizabeth Martin and Ada Snyder.
Funeral services were held June 22 at Fairview Mennonite Church. Interment took place in the adjoining church cemetery.
Please omit flowers.
To send online condolences to the family, visit clauserfh.com.