- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Orrin Thompson, farmer, veteran, Lucent retiree
Orrin A. Thompson, 73, of Denver, and formerly of Salunga, passed away at the M.S. Hershey Medical Center Tuesday, Oct. 9, 2012 following a brief illness.
Born in Madison, Minn., he was the son of the late Conrad and Marist Mebust Thompson.
He was a member of Zoar Lutheran Church of Revillo, S.D. Orrin served in the U.S. Air Force. A farmer most of his life, he retired from Lucent Tech of Reading.
He is survived by his children: Christopher (Martha) Thompson, of Clarkfield, Minn.; Jay Thompson, of Revillo, S.D.; Andrew (Mickie) Thompson, of Bellingham, Minn.; Kristi (Matt) Darkes, of Reamstown; Nicole (Jason) Sheetz, of New Holland; eight grandchildren; and a brother: Donald Thompson, Stowe, Vt.
A gathering was held at the Nissley Funeral Home, Mount Joy, Oct. 13.