- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Paul Boggs, 81, Bollman Hat worker
Samuel Paul Boggs, 81, of Sinking Spring, died peacefully surrounded by his loving family in his home Monday, June 6, 2011.
Born in Altoona, he was a son of Samuel Newton and Edna (Tilson) Boggs. He was the husband of Patricia Lee (Hupert) Boggs for 53 years.
Retiring from Bollman Hat Factory in Adamstown, Samuel was a member of Adamstown Rod & Gun Club and enjoyed fishing, camping, bowling, HO trains and watching classic TV shows.
Also surviving are his two daughters: Deborah Lee, wife of Cecil Hahn, of Stephenson, Va.; and Vicki Sue, wife of Andrew Geris, of Ephrata; two grandchildren: Rocky Yohn and Shelby Geris; two great-granddaughters; and two sisters: Marie Berkheimer and Jane Kemberling.
Paul was preceded in death by a brother and four sisters.
Funeral services were held June 10 at Good Funeral Home in Reamstown with the Rev. Sandra L. Gideon officiating. Burial took place in Cedar Grove Cemetery in Adamstown.