- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Paul E. Christ, 83, active in veteran organizations
Paul E. Christ, 83, of Ephrata, passed away Friday, March 29, 2013, at his residence.
He was born in Lancaster to the late Clarence and Margaret (Long) Christ and was the husband of Gloria (Hackman) Christ, with whom he shared 58 years of marriage.
Paul worked as a brick, block and stone mason. He retired from Armstrong World Industries from the maintenance department. He was a member of the Ephrata VFW Post 3376, American Legion Post 429, Amvets Post 136, Reinholds VFW post 6759, Reamstown #124 Athletic Association, and a social member of the Garden Spot Motorcycle Club. He was a St. Louis Cardinals baseball fan, Green Bay Packers football fan and enjoyed WW II history.
In addition to his wife, he is survived by two sons: Darold E., husband of Pamela (Marks) Christ of Ephrata; Dwayne Alan Christ, companion of Lisa Vogelsong of Ephrata; a daughter: Cindy, wife of Bryan L. Shumate Sr. of Reinholds; six grandchildren: Paul M. Christ, Danielle L. Shumate, Blake A. Shumate, Brooke Ryanne Christ, Bryan L. Shumate Jr., Kristen N. Brown; one great-grandchild: Riley Morgan Brown; and a sister: Jane, wife of Thomas Koch of Ephrata.
A visitation will be held Thursday, April 4 from 6 to 7 p.m. at the Stradling Funeral Home, 201 Church Ave., Ephrata, followed by his memorial service at 7 p.m. with Pastor Bryan Shumate officiating. Interment will be private at the convenience of the family.
Memorial contributions in Paul’s memory may be made to the Lebanon VA Medical Center, 1700 South Lincoln Ave., Lebanon, PA 17042.
Arrangements by Stradling Funeral Homes, Inc., Akron/Ephrata. Online condolences can be given at stradlingfuneralhome.com.