- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Paul E. Wertz Sr., 72, self-employed
Paul E. "Brownie" Wertz Sr., 72, of Stevens, died of natural causes at his home Wednesday, May 9, 2012.
Born in Narvon, he was the son of the late Clarence and Grace (Weller) Wertz.
He was self-employed most of his life.
Surviving is his wife: Frances (Peters) Wertz, of Denver; five children: Paula Wertz, of Lancaster; Paul E., Jr., husband of Tina (Hehnly) Wertz, of Denver; Harry C. Wertz, fiancÃ©e of Kim Schoener, of Denver; Tammy, wife of Robert W. Ferrell, of Stevens; and Jason L., husband of Christine (Bentley) Wertz, of Denver; 11 grandchildren; two brothers: Raymond, of Narvon; and Joe, of Morgantown; and two sisters: Patsy Hooper and Doris Fryberger, both of Narvon.
Preceding him in death are a son: Kevin James Wertz; three brothers: Clarence, Charles and James Wertz; and a sister: Marion Schaeffer.
Funeral services were held on May 12 at the Groff-High Funeral Home, New Holland, with the Rev. Timothy Heitz officiating. Interment took place in the Mt. Zion Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made to the Groff-High Funeral Home, 145 W. Main St., New Holland, PA 17557 to assist the family with expenses.
To send the family online condolences, visit groffeckenroth.com.