- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Paul Moyer, 83, Korean War veteran, ‘Candyman’
Paul Eugene "Gene" Moyer, 83, of Ephrata, died peacefully in his home Wednesday, March 28, 2012.
Born in Terre Hill, a son of the late Paul G. and Martha (Grossman) Moyer, he was the husband of Ardelle M. (Rathman) Moyer for 62 years.
As a Korean War Army veteran he received a Purple Heart. Gene worked over 30 years as a life insurance agent, last with Monumental Life Insurance Co., York office. He was a member of Salem Evangelical and Reformed Church, East Cocalico Lions Club,and Happy Hours Club, all Reamstown; American Legion Cloister Post 429, Ephrata; and Friendly Circle, Akron. He was known to many as the "Candyman."
Also surviving are daughter: Kathi, wife of Tom Perry, of Ephrata; sons: Kerry, husband of Cindy (Garner) Moyer, of Ephrata; and Kelly, husband of Lisa (Horning) Moyer, of Schoeneck; grandchildren: Matthew, Megan, Tim, Jonathan, Josiah and Hannah; and great-grandson: Micah.
Funeral services were held April 2 from Good Funeral Home & Cremation Centre, Reamstown, with his pastor, The Rev. Stephen E. Hollinger, officiating. Burial with military honors took place in Salem Union Cemetery, Reamstown.
Contributions in Gene’s memory may be sent to Hospice of Lancaster County, Box 4125, Lancaster, PA 17604-4125.
For more information, visit goodfuneral.com.