- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Paul Stauffer, 85, farmer
Paul Z. Stauffer, 85 years, of Port Trevorton, died Sunday, May 20, 2012 at the Sunbury Community Hospital, Sunbury.
He was born on June 16, 1926 in Ephrata, a son of the late Ammon W. and Barbara (Zimmerman) Stauffer. He was the husband of the late Louella S. Stauffer, who preceded him on Sept. 6, 2009.
Paul was a member of the Stauffer Mennonite Church at Riverview, Liverpool. He was a farmer for many years and a part-time carpenter in his younger days.
Paul is survived by three daughters: Janice E., wife of Marcus M. Stauffer, of Port Trevorton; Florence E. Stauffer, of Port Trevorton; and Yvonne M., wife of Warren S. Martin, of Ephrata; a son: Peter P. Stauffer, at home; nine step-grandchildren; 11 step- great-grandchildren; three brothers: Marvin, husband of Elsie Stauffer, of Elkhorn, Ky.; David, husband of Grace Stauffer; and Ammon, husband of Anna Stauffer, all of Mechanicsville, Md.; three sisters: Amelia, wife of Noah Wenger, and Anne, wife of Robert Zimmerman, all of Elkhorn, Ky.; and Mabel, wife of Irvin Stauffer, of Carlisle; and many nieces and nephews.
Paul was preceded by a son: James E. Stauffer; a step-grandson; a brother: Monroe Stauffer; two sisters and brothers-in-law: Elizabeth and David Brubacher; and Kathryn and Walter Martin.
Services will be held on May 24 at 8:45 a.m. at the family home, 2445 Hoffer Road, Port Trevorton, with further services at 9:30 a.m. at Stauffer Mennonite Church at Riverview, Old Trail and Oriental roads, Liverpool. Burial will be made in the adjoining church cemetery.
The George P. Garman Funeral Homes Inc., 9366 Route 35, Mt. Pleasant Mills, have been entrusted with the arrangements.