- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
- A sure sign of summer: Denver finalizes community pool plans
- Spam a little for ‘Spamalot’
- Family ‘Owl’bum
Pauline Larkin, 97, beautician, singer
Pauline B. Larkin, 97, entered into rest at Ephrata Manor Saturday, Aug. 27, 2011.
She was born in Blue Ball, the daughter of the late Raymond K. and Elsie Denlinger Bair. She was the wife of the late F. Lee Larkin, who passed away in 1993.
After graduating from Martin Beauty College in Philadelphia, Pauline went to people’s homes to do their hair during the Depression. Later she opened her own beauty shop in Leola where she worked until she was 87 years old. Pauline retired in 2001 after 70 years as a beautician.
Pauline loved music and singing and often was a soloist in the church choir and in weddings, but her greatest joy in life was spending time with her family. She was a loving wife, mother, grandmother and great- grandmother. She will be greatly missed.
She is survived by her daughter: Donna Lee, wife of Ray Wenger, of Leola; four grandchildren; seven great-grandchildren; and her sister, Kathryn Shee, of New Holland.
She was preceded in death by two brothers: Raymond Bair and Kenneth Bair.
The funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. on Sept. 1 in the Donecker Chapel at Ephrata Manor, 99 Bethany Road, Ephrata, with Rev. Bryan Wenger officiating. The interment will follow in the Conestoga Memorial Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be donated in her memory to AseraCare Hospice, 315 Primrose Lane, Suite 101, Mountville, PA 17554. Arrangements are being made by Furman Funeral Home.