- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Peggy Cisney, 78, Macke worker
Peggy A. Cisney, 78, of Lancaster, passed away Friday, Oct. 21, 2011 at Heart of Lancaster Regional Medical Center.
She greatly missed her husband of 59 years, Harold K. "Bud" Cisney, who passed away in May of this year.
Born in Lancaster, Peggy was the daughter of the late Irvin and Verna Miller. She was a graduate of J. P. McCaskey High School and formerly worked for Macke Vending and Servomation. She also spent time working as a cafeteria attendant.
Peggy will be greatly missed by her children and grandchildren who loved her dearly.
She is survived by four sons: Keith H., husband of Kathleen Cisney, of East Petersburg; Daniel K. Cisney, of Lititz; Douglas E., husband of Jill Cisney, of Lancaster; and Michael S., husband of Michele Cisney, of Ephrata; five grandchildren; and six great-grandchildren.
Also surviving is a sister: Dorothy Weaver, of Manheim; a brother: Robert Miller, husband of Janice, of Mt. Gretna; and several nieces and nephews.
Peggy was preceded in death by two sisters: Hettie Maroni and Nancy Hess.
The family would like to thank the staff of Heart of Lancaster Regional Medical Center for the compassionate care given to Peggy during her illness.
Funeral services were held on Oct. 26 at Paul L. Gravenor Home for Funerals, Ephrata, with the Rev. David Hinkley officiating. Interment took place in Cedar Hill Cemetery, Ephrata.
To offer condolences, visit gravenorhomeforfunerals.com.