- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Peggy L. Groff, 68, former resident, school bus driver
Peggy L. Groff, 68, of Lancaster, formerly of Manheim, Rothsville, and Akron, passed away Wednesday, May 15, 2013 at Essa Flory Hospice Center in Lancaster. Peggy was the wife of William L. Groff.
Born in Lancaster, Peggy was a daughter of the late Ernest and Alberta (Spohn) Ditzler. She was a member of the Worship Center in Lancaster and worked as a school bus driver for Raymond E. Groff, Inc. of Lititz.
In addition to her husband William, she is survived by three sons: Douglas L. Groff, husband of Tammy of Ephrata; Randy L. Groff, husband of Lesley of Ephrata; and William M. Groff, husband of Denette, of Lancaster; 15 grandchildren; two great-grandchildren; a brother: Richard Ditzler, husband of Fern of Lititz; and a sister: Linda, wife of Henry F. Troup, Jr. of Manheim.
Peggy was preceded in death by a sister, Carol Leonhard.
Peggy will be lovingly missed by her husband, sons, grandchildren and great-grandchildren.
A viewing was held at the Worship Center May 19. Memorial services were held May 20 at the Worship Center with the Rev. Sam Smucker officiating.
Interment was private.
In lieu of flowers, donations in Peggy’s memory may be made to Hospice & Community Care, P.O. Box 4125, Lancaster, PA 17604 or to the Worship Center, 2384 New Holland Pike, Lancaster, PA 17601.
To offer your condolences visit gravenorhomeforfunerals.com