- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Pierce Sweigart, 83, vet, Weaver Industries worker
Pierce D. Sweigart, 83, Myerstown, formerly of Denver, died Monday, Oct. 17, 2011 in Lebanon VA Hospice.
He was born in Lancaster, a son of the late Harvey K. and Helen C. (Redcay) Sweigart. His wife, Mabel H. (Young) Sweigart, died Feb. 22, 2010.
A member of Peace United Church of Christ, Denver, he had been attending Frieden’s Lutheran Church, Myerstown. Pierce worked for Weaver Industries, Denver, for 35 years and was a Navy veteran of World War II. He was a member of Denver Borough Police Commission, Denver Fire Company, Basketball Old Timers, American Legion Cloister Post 429, Lancaster Chapter- National Association of Accountants, Pennsylvania Federation of Sportsman’s Club and the Marion Senior Group of Myerstown.
Surviving are a twin brother: Daniel P., husband of Louise Law Sweigart, of Adamstown; and two grandchildren.
He was predeceased by a son: Robin D. Sweigart.
Funeral services took place on Oct. 21 at Good Funeral Home & Cremation Centre, Reamstown, with Rev. Dr. Robert K. Miller officiating. Burial took place in Muddy Creek Cemetery, Swartzville.
Rather than flowers, contributions may be made to Hospice of Lancaster County, Box 4125, Lancaster, PA 17604-4125.
For more information, visit goodfuneral.com.