- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Rabbeth ‘Rae’ Maywhort, 82, Ephrata, Woolworth retiree, cooked at 222, other restaurants
Rabbeth “Rae” L. Maywhort, 82, of Ephrata, passed away Saturday, June 7, 2014, at Denver Health & Rehabilitation Center.
She was born in Lancaster to the late David Meily and Mazie Sumpman and was the wife of the late Robert A. Maywhort who passed away in 2009.
Rae had worked at F.W. Woolworth until retirement and then she was a cook at 222 Drive Inn, Brickerville Snackette and Skyview. She enjoyed crafting, painting, bowling, cooking and her cats.
In addition to her husband and parents, she was preceded in death by a son: David Meily.
She is survived by a granddaughter: Mickey, wife of Clayton Lausch, Jr.; and two great-grandchildren, Justin and Jami Lausch.
Services will be private at the convenience of the family. Arrangements by Stradling Funeral Homes, Inc., Akron/Ephrata. Online condolences can be given at stradlingfuneralhome.com.