- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Raymond ‘Cliff’ Sweigart, 82, formerly of Akron, truck driver, enjoyed beach, fishing and his dogs
Raymond “Cliff” Sweigart, 82, formerly of Akron, died Friday, Aug. 29, 2014, in Denver Health & Rehabilitation Center, Stevens.
Born in Ephrata, a son of the late Raymond and Anna (Adams) Sweigart, he was married 17 years to Joyce L. (Yerger) Sweigart. His first wife, Faye (Burkholder) Sweigart, died in 1996.
A truck driver and member of the Teamsters Union, he enjoyed the beach, fishing, food and his dogs.
Also surviving are children: Cheryl Dunn, Ephrata; Kathleen (Michael) Delmotte, Mountville; Melanie D. Fiant, Marietta, Ga.; Donna Leturgy, Reinholds; and Clifford Sweigart, Denver; grandchildren: Jesse, Brad, Shawn, Amy, Lori, Lisa, Laura, Jason, Jessica and Tom Jr.; nine great-grandchildren; and his sister: Rosaline Brendle, Ephrata. He will also be missed by his dogs: Buffy II and Jenna.
Good Funeral Home & Cremation Centre, Reamstown, is honored to be assisting The Sweigart Family with private arrangements. To offer the family online condolences, visit goodfuneral.com.