- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Readith V. Petery, 90, Dutchmaid seamstress
Readith V. Petery, 90, of Denver, passed away Thursday, May 30, 2013, at her residence.
She was born in Stevens to the late Raymond and Erla (Meisky) Showers and was the wife of the late Lester E. Petery, who died in 1999.
Readith worked as a seamstress for Dutchmaid Clothing and she also worked at Anderson Pharmacy. She was a very family-oriented lady, who especially loved spending time with her grandchildren and great-grandchildren.
Readith is survived by her son: Gerald E., husband of Martha J. (Wingenroth) Petery of Denver; two sisters: Betty, wife of Ralph Firestine of Stevens; and Helen: wife of Elmer Hirneisen of Ephrata; two grandchildren: Wesley, husband of Marsha Petery of Reinholds; and Lenore, wife of Patrick Horner Sr. of Harrisburg; great-grandchildren: Marissa Petery, Madison Petery, Patrick Horner, Jr. and Lianna Horner.
In addition to her husband she was preceded in death by her brother, Ray Showers.
Private services will be at the convenience of the family.
Memorial contributions in Readith’s memory may be made to Hospice & Community Care, P. O. Box 4125 Lancaster, PA 17604.
Arrangements by Roseboro Stradling Funeral & Cremation Services, Inc., Denver. Online condolences can be given at roseborostradling.com.