- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Reta Hahn, 81, retiree of N.H. Ford and The Groves
Reta M. Hahn, 81, formerly of Ephrata, passed away Aug. 22, 2011 at the Golden Living Center in Lancaster.
Born in Terre Hill, she was the daughter of the late Irvin A. and Lottie Townsley Hahn.
A graduate of the former Terre Hill High School in 1948, Reta worked in the purchasing department for the former Ford New Holland, retiring in 1991 after 43 years. Following her retirement, she was employed by The Groves, an assisted living home in Ephrata for many years.
Reta loved Ephrata and her many friends that she would see and greet on her daily walks about town. A new acquaintance soon became a lasting friend. She loved to shop, especially at fine places, enjoyed having lunch with friends and of course loved her nieces. Following her retirement from The Groves, she returned on a regular basis to play bingo with her many friends there and cherished their friendships.
Reta is survived by her two sisters: Edna Gambino, of Lancaster; Faye, wife of James Hillegrass, of Terre Hill; and several nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by her son: Scott A. Hahn, in March 2008; five sisters; and two brothers.
Reta’s celebration of life funeral service was held at The Groffs Family Funeral & Cremation Services, Lancaster, on Aug. 26. Interment took place in Terre Hill Cemetery.
Online condolences may be posted at thegroffs.com.