- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Reuben G. Newswanger, 53, agrl. equipment installer
Reuben G. Newswanger, 53, of Adamstown, unexpectedly went home to be with the Lord on Friday, Aug. 30, 2013 at his home.
Born in West Earl Township, he was the son of Sara H. (Good) Newswanger of Leola and the late Samuel Z. Newswanger. He was married 30 years May 14 to Mary Ann (Hurst) Newswanger.
Reuben was a self-employed agriculture equipment installer. He lived in Saudi Arabia for six months, Mexico for three years and Utah for eight years for his job. He loved adventure and was always ready for a challenge.
He was a member of the Worship Center in Leola and was a strong supporter of missions.
Surviving in addition to his wife and mother are two children: Joshua D., married to Michelle (Torrenti) Newswanger of Ephrata and Anita K., married to Shaun Fox of East Earl; five grandchildren: Emmie and Amelia Newswanger; Liahna, Malachi and Rayeah Fox; and five brothers and sisters: Rachel, married to John Burkholder of Leola; Lydia, married to Eli Shirk of Talmage; John, married to Alta (Burkholder) Newswanger of Stanley, N.Y.; Lena, married to Thomas Gavin of East Earl and Amos, married to Pauline (Reiff) Newswanger of Lewisburg.
Funeral services will be held Sept. 5 at 10 a.m. at the Worship Center, 2384 New Holland Pike, Lancaster, PA 17601 with the Reverend Sam Smucker officiating. Interment will be in the Cedar Grove Cemetery in Adamstown. Viewing will be held on Wednesday from 2 to 4 and 6 to 8 p.m. and Thursday from 9 to 10 a.m. all at the Worship Center.
In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made to the Worship Center Missions Department, address above. To send the family online condolences visit groffeckenroth.com.
Arrangements by Eckenroth Home for Funerals, Terre Hill.