- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Richard Reppert, Korean War vet, Jay Group retiree
Richard G. Reppert, 79, of New Holland, passed away Monday, May 21, 2012 at Philadelphia Hospice after a brief illness.
He was the husband of Phyllis J. (Usner) Reppert.
Richard was born in Reading, son of the late William and Marion (Ziegler) Reppert.
He was a Korean War veteran and retired from The Jay Group of Leola. Early in life, he was employed by the Boyertown Casket Company. He was a member of the New Holland VFW and American Legion.
In addition to his wife, he is survived by a daughter: Tammy S., wife of Larry Bigley, of Ephrata; two stepsons: John Becker IV, husband of Sharon (Gockley) Becker, of New Holland; and Jody Becker, husband of Barbara (Snader) Becker, of Ephrata; two granddaughters: Brittany and Tasha Becker; five grandsons: Justin and John Becker and Jared, Cameron and Riley Bigler; and one great-grandson: Lucas Becker.
Funeral services were held on May 26 at Paul L. Gravenor Home For Funerals with the Rev. William Hoak officiating. Place of interment was Memory Gardens, East Cocalico Township.
Donations in Richard’s memory may be made to the Humane League, 2195 Lincoln Highway East, Lancaster, PA 17602.
To offer condolences, visit gravenorhomeforfunerals.com.