- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Robert ‘Bob’ Sweigart, 23, Ephrata, active in Elco music program and Goodwill Fire Co.
Robert “Bob” Sweigart, 23, of Ephrata, died Monday, May 19, 2014 at his residence.
Born in Ephrata on October 1, 1990, he was the son of Reese E. Sweigart, of Ephrata, and Karen (Redcay) Sweigart, of Manheim.
Robert attended Elco High School where he was part of the drum line and active in school musicals as the stage crew manager. He became involved with the Goodwill Fire Co. in Myerstown at age 14 as a junior firefighter, most recently holding the rank of lieutenant. He enjoyed hunting, fishing, lawn work and landscaping.
In addition to his parents, Robert is survived by a brother: Randall “Tastey” Sweigart, of Myerstown; girlfriend: Emilee Pfautz, of Schaefferstown; paternal grandparents: Warren and Linda Sweigart, of Ephrata; and maternal grandmother: Stella Redcay, of Ephrata.
Services were held May 23 at St. Paul’s UCC, Schaefferstown. Interment will be held at the convenience of the family.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made payable to the Goodwill Fire Co., 299 W. Washington Ave., Myerstown, PA 17067, designated for the Robert Sweigart Fund on the memo line.
Grose Funeral Home, Myerstown, has been entrusted with the arrangements. To leave the family online condolences, visit grosefuneralhome.com.