- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Robert C. Lutz, 84, Clover Farms, Balthaser worker
Robert C. Lutz, 84, of Denver, formerly of Vinemont, passed away Saturday, May 18, 2013 at Conestoga View Nursing Home in Lancaster.
He was the husband of Gladys L. (Wenzel) Lutz. Robert’s first wife, the late Betty (Texter) Lutz, passed away in 1995.
Robert was born in Reading, and was the son of the late Claude and Annie (Gehret) Lutz. He worked 38 years for Balthaser Dairy and later Clover Farms until his retirement in 1988.
He was a member of Central PA Teamsters Union, Cushion Peak Rod & Gun Club (Life Member), Fritztown Fire Company, Reinholds VFW, and was a former member and former chief of the Vinemont Fire Company.
In addition to his wife, Gladys, Robert is survived by four step-children: David, Daniel, Charles, and Robert Nolt; 10 step-grandchildren; three step-great-grandchildren; two sisters: Fern Kohl of Bethel and Betty Herb of Wernersville; one brother: Barry Lutz, husband of Mary Ann of Womesldorf; and a number of nieces and nephews.
In addition to his parents and his first wife, Betty, Robert was preceded in death by one step-daughter, Patricia.
Memorial services will be held at Paul L. Gravenor Home For Funerals, 100 W. Main St., Ephrata, at 7 p.m. on May 24 with the Rev. Glenn Beard, Jr. officiating.
To offer your condolences visit gravenorhomeforfunerals.com