- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Robert Derk, 71, Yoder’s manager
Robert "Bob" H. Derk, loving husband and father, 71, of Denver, passed away Friday, Oct. 7, 2011 at Reading Hospital and Medical Center.
He was born in Shamokin to the late Harry R. and Dorothy (Snyder) Derk and was the husband of Shirley A. (Reigle) Derk, to whom he shared 51 years of marriage.
Bob was a graduate of Coal Township High School class of 1958. He was a member of Liberty Baptist Church, Ephrata. He enjoyed traveling, camping, collecting Hess trucks and was a Penn State fan. During his working years, he was a dairy manager for Yoders Country Market for 25 years until his retirement in 2005.
In addition to his wife, Bob is survived by a daughter: Christine A., wife of Kurt Henry, of Wernersville; two step-grandsons: Austin and Tyler Henry; and two brothers: Roger, husband of Maryellen Derk, of Shamokin; and Richard, husband of Mary Derk, of Shamokin.
Funeral services were held on Oct. 10 at the Liberty Baptist Church, Ephrata, with Pastors Guy F. Mosebrook and Terry Redcay officiating. Interment will take place in the Lincoln Cemetery, Ephrata.
If desired, memorial contributions in Bob’s memory may be made to Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, 55 S. Progress Ave., Harrisburg, PA 17109..
Arrangements were made by Roseboro Stradling Funeral & Cremation Services Inc., Denver. Online condolences can be given at roseborostradling.com.