- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Robert Geist, authority chair, manager, caterer
Robert A. Geist, 83, of Ephrata, passed away Saturday, Nov. 19, 2011 at Ephrata Community Hospital.
Mr. Geist was born in Gratz to the late Russell and Felma Geist. His family relocated to Millersburg, where he spent a good portion of his life before moving to Ephrata.
Until his retirement, he was employed by Dun and Bradstreet as a yellow pages territorial manager throughout much of Pennsylvania. He enjoyed golfing, hunting and cooking. He operated his own catering business for a number of years. Mr. Geist was a member of the Lancaster Forest #27 Tall Cedars of Lebanon, the Ephrata Blue Lodge #665 F. & A.M. and various service clubs. He served as vice chairman for the Ephrata Borough Authority and was instrumental in establishing the Moose Lodge in Millersburg. Mr. Geist was a member of First United Methodist Church of Ephrata.
He is survived by his wife: Eudora (Reitz) Geist; son: Christopher R., husband of Jacque Geist; eight grandchildren; and brothers: Lin, husband of Gayle Geist; and Carl Geist.
He was preceded in death by daughters: Carol and Susan.
A memorial service will be held at 2 p.m. on Nov. 23 at the Stradling Funeral Home, 201 Church Avenue, Ephrata, with Rev. Walter Carter officiating. Interment will be private at the convenience of the family.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to Hospice of Lancaster County, P.O. Box 4125, Lancaster, PA 17604.
The family wishes to thank all the staff of the Ephrata Community Hospital ICU for their support and compassionate care.
Arrangements were made by Stradling Funeral Homes Inc., Akron/Ephrata. Online condolences can be given at stradlingfuneralhome.com.