- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Robert Heckler, Ephrata Manor, RCA technician
Robert N. "Bud" Heckler, 92, of Ephrata Manor, Ephrata, formerly of Lancaster, died calmly in the presence of family Saturday, Oct. 13, 2012.
Born in Philadelphia, the son of Isaiah E. and Annie Moyer, he proudly served his country during World War II in the Army Air Corps.
After a short time at Ohio University, he worked for RCA as a phosphor technician until he retired in 1982. He was the husband of the late Joanne Harnish Heckler and a resident of Lancaster County since 1947. Those who knew him, will remember "Bud" Heckler for the energy of his extraordinary generosity, kindness, and caring. His warm laugh, ready smile, regular crew cut and his ever-present eagerness to help friends, neighbors and even strangers, in any way characterized this gentle man. In his care for his wife until her death of the complications of MS in 1992, he was the model of the man who keeps his word, faithfully fulfilling the marriage vows he made to his beloved friend long before he knew all that would one day be asked of him.
He is survived by his daughter: Deborah, wife of Steven James Weibley, of Chelmsford, Mass.; and his grandson: Joshua Caleb, of Brooklyn, N.Y., as well as Roben Voigt, his cherished nephew.
A memorial celebration of his life will be held at Grace United Church of Christ, 1947 New Holland Pike, Lancaster, Oct. 22 at 10 a.m., with his son-in-law, Pastor Steven James Weibley, officiating.
The service will be followed by light refreshments. To share a fond memory of Robert, visit lifecelebration.com.