- Reel Reviews: 2017 Oscar picks
- ‘American Idiot’ at EPAC
- Warwick grad producing ‘Million Dollar Quartet’ at Dutch Apple
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- St. Patty’s musical at Ephrata Main
- Dance, concert will benefit Jamaica missions
- Happy Anniver5ary, St. Boniface!
- Downtown diversity
- Travelogue will explore Colorado River this Saturday
Robert Hess, 85, painter, Navy vet
Robert N. Hess, 85, of Ephrata, died Tuesday, Jan. 17, 2012 at Lebanon Manor Care.
Born in Lancaster City, he was the son of the late George L. and Blanche Boyle Hess. He was married to the late Ruby Kryger Hess.
He graduated from Penn Manor High School. He worked as a painter and paper hanger. Robert served in the U.S. Navy.
Robert is survived by a son: Roger N. Hess, of Lancaster; a daughter: Brenda Hess, of Ephrata; a stepson: Roger Howard; and a brother: James D. Hess.
He was predeceased by a stepson: Carson Howard.
Family and friends are respectfully invited to Robert’s memorial service on Jan. 26 at 2 p.m. at The Groffs Family Funeral & Cremation Services Inc., 528 W. Orange St. (corner of Orange and Pine streets), Lancaster.
In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made in Robert’s name to the American Cancer Society, 314 Good Drive, Lancaster, PA 17603.
Online condolences may be posted at thegroffs.com.