- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Robert J. Stein Sr., Sheetz supervisor, National Guard
Robert J. Stein Sr., 62, of Lititz, passed away Friday, Feb. 17, 2012 at Hershey Medical Center, Derry Township, Dauphin County.
He was born in Brooklyn, N.Y., to the late William and Mildred (Flanagan) Stein and was the husband of the late Catherine (Bellinie) Stein, who passed away Sept. 11, 2001.
Robert served in the U.S. Army National Guard and was a member of the Ephrata Amvets Post #136. He was an avid bowler, enjoyed shooting pool, baseball, softball, golfing, loved animals and was a New York Yankee and Giants fan. Robert worked as a shift supervisor for Sheetz Markets in Brownstown from 2007 to present..
Robert is survived by a son: Robert W. Jr., husband of Katherine (Goiens) Stein, of Fort Lewis, Wash.; four daughters: Priscilla, wife of Eugene Patrella, of Lititz, Patricia Stein, fiance of Rick Yanoshik, of McAdoo, and Christine and Carrie Stein, both at home; 10 grandchildren; two brothers: William, husband of Annette Stein, of Arizona; Thomas, husband of Karen Stein, of Lehighton; three nieces; and one nephew.
A viewing will be held on Feb. 23 from 2 to 4 p.m. at the Stradling Funeral Home, 30 N. Ninth St., Akron. An interment service will be held on Feb. 24 at 10 a.m. at the Indiantown Gap National Cemetery, Annville, with full military honors accorded.
Memorial contributions in Robert’s memory may be made to American Cancer Society-Lancaster County Unit, 314 Good Drive, Lancaster, PA 17603.
Arrangements are being made by Stradling Funeral Homes Inc., Akron/Ephrata. Online condolences can be given at stradlingfuneralhome.com.