- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Robert L. Reitzel, 65, vet, NTN worker, sportsman
Robert L. Reitzel, 65, of Ephrata, passed away on Thursday, Feb. 21, 2013 at Essa Flory Hospice & Community Care in Lancaster surrounded by his family. Born in Lancaster, he is the son of Mary A. (Getz) Pichler and the late Bruce E. Reitzel.
He was a 1966 graduate of Lancaster Catholic High School and attended York College. Bob was employed for NTN-BCA Corp. in Lititz for many years and went onto work at Y&S Candies in Lancaster. He was of the Catholic faith. Bob was an avid fisherman, hunter and enjoyed going to the beach. He was a member of the Lancaster Liederkranz and the Strasburg Sportsmen Association.
He was a veteran proudly serving in the U.S. Navy.
In addition to his mother, he is survived by his daughters: Tammy L., wife of Glenn Haldeman of Reamstown; and Stacie L., wife of Kenneth Miller of Shippensburg. Also surviving is a sister: Arlene Scheingraber, of Lancaster; and eight grandchildren.
A viewing was held on Feb. 25 at Charles F. Snyder, Jr. Funeral Home & Crematory followed by a Christian prayer service on Feb. 26. Interment was in Conestoga Memorial Park in Lancaster.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions can be made to Hospice & Community Care, PO Box 4125, Lancaster, PA 17604-4125 or to the American Cancer Society, 314 Good Drive, Lancaster, PA 17603. To send the family online condolences, please visit snyderfuneralhome.com.