- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Robert N. Whitcraft, 81, vet, Sperry machinist
Robert N. Whitcraft, 81, of Ephrata, passed away Friday, May 17 at Ephrata Manor.
Robert’s wife, Nellie (Crago) Whitcraft preceded him in death Feb. 18, 2012.
Born in Ephrata, he was the son of the late Samuel and Cora Whitcraft.
He was a machinist for 41 years at Sperry Rand, currently Ford New Holland, retiring in 1991.
He was a chartered member of the New Holland Church of the Nazarene, where he was a Sunday School teacher and also served on the church board. He served in the Air Force during the Korean War.
Surviving are four children: Keith R. Whitcraft, married to Vicky (Herrin), East Earl; Liana Whitcraft, Ephrata; Brian F. Whitcraft, New Holland; and John "J.D." Whitcraft, Ephrata; five grandchildren: Shawn Reich, Christina Hess, Derrek Reich, Chad Whitcraft, Brandon Whitcraft; and five great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by four siblings: Sam Whitcraft, Anna Mae (Whitcraft) Brugger, Betty (Whitcraft) Kyle and Nancy (Whitcraft) Smith.
A viewing will be held at the Groff-High Funeral Home located at 145 W. Main St., New Holland Thursday, May 23 from 7 to 9 p.m. The funeral service will be held Friday, May 24 at 10 a.m., with a viewing preceding the service from 9 to 10 a.m. at the New Holland Church of the Nazarene, located at 428 Ranck Rd., New Holland. Pastor Ken Mingledorff and Chaplain Sally Maxwell are officiating. Interment will be in Pleasant View Cemetery, Sinking Spring.