- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Robert Nissley, 63, avid motorcyclist, Navy veteran
Robert Allen Nissley, 63, of Ephrata, passed away Monday, April 16, 2012 at the Lebanon VA Hospital following a brief illness.
He was born in Lancaster County, a son of the late David Rintz and Mary (Fritz) Nissley and the adopted Robert Nissley. He was the husband of Barbara E. (Goshert) Nissley. They were married 42 years this past August.
Robert was a member of the American Legion Cloister Post #3376. An avid motorcyclist, he was also a member of the Gray Beards and Southern Cruisers. A wood worker, he worked at Signature Cabinetry and had served in the U.S. Navy.
Surviving in addition to his wife, is his daughter: Melissa Elizabeth, wife of Kevin Anthony Freed, of Denver; two grandchildren: Benjamin and Lillian; brother: David Rintz, of Fort Lauderdale; half-brother: Michael Rintz, of Manheim; and half-sister: Joyce Bixler, of Manheim.
A viewing was held April 20 at the Roseboro Stradling Funeral Home, Denver. Interment took place in the Indiantown Gap National Cemetery with full military honors April 23.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions in Robert’s memory may be made to the Yoder Fund, c/o Ephrata National Bank, 31 East Main Street, Ephrata, PA 17522.
Arrangements were made by Roseboro Stradling Funeral & Cremation Services Inc., Denver. Online condolences can be given at roseborostradling.com.