- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Robert R. Royer, 87, Lititz, tool & die maker
Robert R. Royer, 87, of Lititz, passed away Monday, Aug. 12, 2013, at Lancaster General Hospital.
He was born in Akron to the late Willis and Elsie (Gockley) Royer and was the husband of Edith D. (Rabold) Royer with whom he shared 62 years of marriage.
Robert was a member of Mellingers Lutheran Church, Stevens. During his working years he worked as a tool and die maker at Hamilton Watch and Woodstream Corp. He enjoyed camping, traveling, hunting, tinkering and gardening.
In addition to his wife, he is survived by a son: Jerry Lee, husband of Delores Royer of Robesonia; a daughter: Constance Kay Morgan at home and a brother: Donald, husband of Shirley Royer of Ephrata.
In addition to his parents, he was preceded in death by a brother: Hayden Royer and two sisters: Margaret Fry and Mildred Habecker.
A funeral service was held at Mellingers Lutheran Church, Stevens, with Pastor Timothy Craven and Vicar Tony Setley officiating. Interment will take place in the Mellingers Union Cemetery.
If desired, memorial contributions in Robert’s memory may be made to the Mellingers Lutheran Church, 80 Gockley Rd., Stevens, PA 17578.
Arrangements by Roseboro Stradling Funeral & Cremation Services, Inc., Denver. Online condolences can be given at roseborostradling.com.