- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Robert Shupp, 75, Manheim, owned roofing company
Robert Gary Shupp, 75, of Manheim, passed away Tuesday, Nov. 8, 2011 at his residence.
He was born in Denver to Clair and Anna (Ruth) Shupp and was the husband of the late Carol Shupp, who died in 1993.
Gary was an avid hunter, a Steelers fan and he enjoyed cooking. He was owner of Shupp’s Roofing. He previously worked at Gooding, Simpson and Mackes.
He is survived by two daughters: Tammie Sauder, companion of Donald Dull, of Ephrata; and Marge, wife of Robert Reider, of Denver; twin sisters: Sharon Seneft and Karen Levering, both of Ephrata; grandchildren: Trista Sauder and Angela Jean, wife of Mark Stedman, of Maimi, Fla.; and Jennifer Lynn, wife of Sam Hoskins, of State College; great-grandchildren: Susannah, Eliana and Joy Hoskins; and Nathaniel, Ethan, Faith, Martha and Judah Stedman.
An interment service will be held promptly at 9 a.m. on Dec. 5 at the Indiantown Gap National Cemetery, East Hanover Township, with full military honors accorded. A memorial service will follow at 11 a.m. at the Reformed Presbyterian Church, 21 E. Locust St., Ephrata, with Pastor Tom Nicholas officiating. A fellowship luncheon will be held immediately following in the church social hall. All are welcomed to attend.
If desired, memorial contributions in Robert’s memory may be made to The Department of Pediatrics at Penn State Children’s Hospital, in care of The Office of University Development, PO Box 852, Hershey, PA 17033 or to the United Cerebral Palsy of Lancaster County 1811 Old Homestead Lane Lancaster, PA 17603.
Arrangements are being made by Roseboro Stradling Funeral & Cremation Services Inc., Denver. Online condolences can be given at roseborostradling.com.