- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Robert Sweigart, truck driver
Robert L. Sweigart, 83, of Fleetwood, passed away Friday, Aug. 19, 2011, at St. Joseph’s Hospital in Reading.
Born in Reinholds, he was the son of the late Irwin and Cora (Fisher) Sweigart and was the husband of Brenda E. (Pannebecker) Sweigart.
He was a self-employed truck driver.
In addition to his wife, Robert is survived by his son: Larry Sweigart; two daughters: Rachel, wife of Richard Kerper; and Jerol Hughes; and five grandchildren: Zaren, Wyatt and Marshall Kerper and Lizzy and Chelsea Sweigart.
He was preceded in death by two sons: Richard Sweigart and Robert Sweigart Jr.
Funeral services were held on Aug. 24 at the Roseboro Stradling Funeral Home, Denver, with Pastor C. Michael Roney officiating.
Arrangements were made by Roseboro Stradling Funeral & Cremation Services, Inc., Denver. Online condolences can be given at roseborostradling.com.