- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Rodney Lee Shober, 59, born in Ephrata, Navy vet, worked for American Maplan
Rodney Lee Shober, 59, of Inman, Kansas, passed away peacefully Thursday, June 5, 2014, at Wesley Medical Center, Wichita.
Rod was born on April 29, 1955, in Ephrata, the son of Clifford Lee and Jean Marion (Dunkelberger) Shober. He was united in marriage to Jan Marie Mantz on Dec. 7, 1982, in Roxbury, Kansas.
He attended Hutchinson Community College. He was formerly a production planner for American Maplan, McPherson. Rod served in the United States Navy for six years. Rod was a member of Zoar Mennonite Brethren Church.
Survivors include his wife: Jan of the home; sons: Jason Shober (Val) of Inman, Kansas, Josh Shober (Leslie) of McPherson, Kansas, and Joe Shober of Inman, Kansas; mother, Jean Shober of McPherson, Kansas; brother: Rick Shober (Brenda) of McPherson, Kansas; sisters: Lynnie Bupp (Terry) of Roxbury, Kansas, Val Morris (Steve) of Manheim, Pam Kerns (Mel) of McPherson, Kansas, Marg Reider (Bob) of Denver, and Teena Haake (Keenan) of McPherson, Kansas; and five grandchildren: Kennedy, Nathan, Kayla, Sammy, and Sloan.
He was preceded in death by his father.
A Celebration of Life Dedication will be held at 1 p.m., Saturday, June 28, 2014, at Reamstown Community Center, 23 E. Church St., Reamstown.
In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be given to the Rod Shober Memorial Fund in care of Stockham Family Funeral Home, 205 North Chestnut, McPherson, Kansas 67460.
Personal condolences may be sent to the family at stockhamfamily.com. Arrangements by Stockham Family Funeral Home, McPherson, Kansas.