- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Roger B. Spotts, 81, vet, Raymark Industries worker
Roger B. Spotts, 81, of Lititz, passed away on Friday, Feb. 22, 2013 at Brethren Village. He was the husband of Miriam P. (Brumbaugh) Spotts for 60 years on Aug. 16, 2012.
Born in Ephrata, to the late Elmer and Mabel (McElhenney) Spotts, Roger lived most of his life in the Ephrata area. He was a member of Grace E.C. Church in Ephrata, where he was a former church trustee and church board president.
Roger was a U.S. Army veteran and member of Cloister Post 429 American Legion and Cocalico Post 3376 VFW, both of Ephrata.
He worked for Raymark Industries in Manheim and most recently was employed by Elco and Garden Spot school districts in the cafeteria and supply departments.
Roger was an avid bowler and also enjoyed hunting and fishing.
In addition to his wife Miriam, Roger is survived by a daughter: Linda M., wife of Richard L. Althouse; a granddaughter: Amy, wife of Robert Mellinger III; a sister: Ruby J., wife of Russell Petticoffer; and a brother: Lynn D., husband of Johan (Wilhelm) Spotts, all residents of Ephrata.
Friends were received at Paul L. Gravenor Home For Funerals, Ephrata on Feb.25 and at Grace E.C. Church, Ephrata on Feb. 26. Funeral services were at the church with the Rev. Jeff Martin officiating. Place of interment was Hammer Creek Mennonite Cemetery, Elizabeth Township with military honors accorded by Red Rose Veterans Honor Guard.
Donations in Roger’s memory may be made to Grace E.C. Church, 131 Terrace Ave., Ephrata, PA 17522.
To offer your condolences, visit gravenorhomeforfunerals.com.