- Reel Reviews: 2017 Oscar picks
- ‘American Idiot’ at EPAC
- Warwick grad producing ‘Million Dollar Quartet’ at Dutch Apple
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- St. Patty’s musical at Ephrata Main
- Dance, concert will benefit Jamaica missions
- Happy Anniver5ary, St. Boniface!
- Downtown diversity
- Travelogue will explore Colorado River this Saturday
Ronald Steinmetz, 62, truck driver, veteran
Ronald E. Steinmetz, 62, of Ephrata, passed away Friday, Jan. 13, 2012 at Lancaster General Hospital.
He was born in Ephrata to the late Earl and Emma (Sweigart) Steinmetz and was the husband of Phyllis L. (Wolosyn) Steinmetz, with whom he shared 24 years of marriage.
Ronald served in the U.S. Navy during the Vietnam War. He enjoyed hunting, playing with his grandchildren and being a truck driver.
In addition to his wife, he is survived by a son: Todd, husband of Cathy Steinmetz, of Gap; four grandchildren; one great- grandchild; a brother: Dennis, husband of Norlene Steinmetz, of Stevens; and two sisters: Diane George, of Willow Street; and Lorainne, wife of Wesley Smith, of Mt. Airy.
He was preceded in death by a brother: Randy Steinmetz.
A graveside service will be held on Jan. 19 at 2 p.m. at the Indiantown Gap National Cemetery, Annville, with military honors. Pastor Rick Fairman will be officiating.
Donations to help with funeral costs may be sent to Bread of Life Fellowship, 930 W. Route 897, Reinholds, PA 17569.
Arrangements are being made by Stradling Funeral Homes Inc., Akron/Ephrata. Online condolences can be given at stradlingfuneralhome.com.