- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
- A sure sign of summer: Denver finalizes community pool plans
- Spam a little for ‘Spamalot’
- Family ‘Owl’bum
- Crafts & Draughts at JoBoy’s
- Annual spring sale for Adamstown book worms
Ronald Steinmetz, 62, truck driver, veteran
Ronald E. Steinmetz, 62, of Ephrata, passed away Friday, Jan. 13, 2012 at Lancaster General Hospital.
He was born in Ephrata to the late Earl and Emma (Sweigart) Steinmetz and was the husband of Phyllis L. (Wolosyn) Steinmetz, with whom he shared 24 years of marriage.
Ronald served in the U.S. Navy during the Vietnam War. He enjoyed hunting, playing with his grandchildren and being a truck driver.
In addition to his wife, he is survived by a son: Todd, husband of Cathy Steinmetz, of Gap; four grandchildren; one great- grandchild; a brother: Dennis, husband of Norlene Steinmetz, of Stevens; and two sisters: Diane George, of Willow Street; and Lorainne, wife of Wesley Smith, of Mt. Airy.
He was preceded in death by a brother: Randy Steinmetz.
A graveside service will be held on Jan. 19 at 2 p.m. at the Indiantown Gap National Cemetery, Annville, with military honors. Pastor Rick Fairman will be officiating.
Donations to help with funeral costs may be sent to Bread of Life Fellowship, 930 W. Route 897, Reinholds, PA 17569.
Arrangements are being made by Stradling Funeral Homes Inc., Akron/Ephrata. Online condolences can be given at stradlingfuneralhome.com.