- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Rose Sweigart, 80, homemaker
Rose M. (Windish) Sweigart, 80, of Denver, passed away Monday, June 6, 2011 at Reading Hospital.
Born in Allentown, she was the daughter of the late Joseph and Rose (Dominek) Windish. She was the wife of the late Horace S. Sweigart.
A homemaker, Rose was a member of Our Mother of Perpetual Help Church in Ephrata.
She is survived by her three children: Michael L., husband of Karen E. (Ansel) Sweigart, of Millsboro, Del.; Andrea L., wife of Stephen Berrigan, of Norcross, Ga.; and Christopher L., husband of Pamela A. (Mathews) Sweigart, of Wernersville; six grandchildren; four great-grandchildren; three sisters: Elsie Becker, of Denver; Margaret Rutter, of Denver; and Dorothy Crouse, of Sinking Spring; and her brother: Robert Windish, of Denver.
Besides her parents and husband she was preceded in death by her brother: Joseph Windish.
A mass of Christian burial was held at Our Mother of Perpetual Help Catholic Church June 10. Final commendation and farewell took place in the Fairview Cemetery Annex in Denver.
Memorial contributions in Rose’s memory may be made to the St. Jude’s Children’s Research Hospital, 501 St. Jude Place, Memphis, TN 38105.
Arrangements were made by Roseboro Stradling Funeral & Cremation Services Inc., Denver. Online condolences can be sent to roseborostradling.com.