- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Roy R. Messner, 84, East Earl, farmer, active at St. John Center Lutheran Church
Roy R. Messner, 84, of East Earl, died Sunday, Aug. 31, 2014, at Hospice & Community Care in Mount Joy.
Born in Brecknock Township, he was the son of the late Norman and Amy (Shirk) Messner. He was married 62 years on March 8 to Catharine (Burkholder) Messner.
Roy was a farmer all of his life and a member of St. John Center Lutheran Church where he served for many years on the Church council, property, and cemetery committees.
Surviving in addition to his wife are six children: Ruth Ann Weaver of Denver; Janet, married to Larry Yoder of New Holland; Nelson, married to Dora (Martin) Messner of East Earl; Mary Jane, married to Terry Schaeffer of Narvon; Lamar, married to Katrina (May) Messner of Denver; and Charles Messner of Denver; 25 grandchildren; 26 great-grandchildren; and a brother: Howard, married to Helen (Burkholder) Messner of East Earl.
Preceding him in death is a son: Harold Messner; two brothers: Irwin M. and Henry Messner; two sons-in-law: Elmer Rissler and Glen Weaver; a daughter-in-law: Beverly (Heck) Messner; and a great grandson: Maverick Messner.
Funeral services will be held on Wednesday, Sept. 3, at 2 p.m. at St. John Center Lutheran Church, 599 Reading Road, East Earl, with the Reverend Sandra Gideon and the Reverend Jason Rissler officiating. Interment will be in the adjoining cemetery. There will be a viewing one hour prior to the service.
In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made to the Ephrata Cancer Center, 460 N. Reading Road, Ephrata, PA 17522.
To send the family online condolences visit groffeckenroth.com. Arrangements handled by Eckenroth Home for Funerals, New Holland.