- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Roy Sweigart, 88, WWII veteran
Roy Sweigart, 88, of Denver, passed away Monday, May 16, 2011 at the Lebanon V.A. Medical Center.
Born in Lancaster County, he was the son of the late Irvin and Alma (Fry) Sweigart.
Roy was a member of the Reamstown Athletic Club and the Reinholds VFW. A self-employed brick layer, he had served in the U.S. Army during World War II.
He is survived by his companion: Helen E. Martin, of Denver; his son: Roy L. Sweigart, of Reinholds; his daughter: Bonnie, wife of Leslie Nafziger, of Ephrata; three grandchildren; and six great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his wife: Alma Sweigart in 1985.
Funeral services were held May 23 at Roseboro Stradling Funeral Home with Pastor Paul Smeltz officiating. Burial took place in Indiantown Gap National Cemetery with full military honors.
Memorial contributions in Roy’s memory may be made to the V.A. Hospice Center, c/o Lebanon V.A. Medical Center, 1700 S. Lincoln Ave., Lebanon, PA 17042.
Arrangements were made by Roseboro Stradling Funeral & Cremation Services Inc. Condolences can be sent to roseborostradling.com.