- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Rufus Martin, 92, farmer, was married 71 years
Rufus G. Martin, 92, of Ephrata, passed away Wednesday, Dec. 11, 2013, at his residence.
He was born in Ephrata to the late Solomon and Susanna (Groff) Martin and was the husband of Bertha M. (Rissler) Martin with whom he shared 71 years of marriage.
Rufus was a member of the Conestoga Mennonite Church, Groffdale Conference. During his working years, he was a farmer.
In addition to his wife, he is survived by two sons: Ivan R., husband of Katie W. (Zimmerman) Martin of Ephrata, Rufus R. Jr., husband of Anna Mary (Brubacher) Martin of Ephrata; a daughter: Anna R., wife of David S. Weaver of New Holland; two daughters-in-law: Lena W. Martin of Ephrata, Mabel H. Martin of Ephrata; 25 grandchildren; 89 great-grandchildren; a brother: Elam, husband of Lillian (Redcay) Martin of Ephrata.
In addition to his parents, he was preceded in death by two sons: John R. Martin, Aaron R. Martin; a daughter: Martha R. Martin; five brothers: Eli, Joe, Adam, Aaron and David Martin; three sisters: Anna Martin, Mary Martin and Emma Oberholtzer.
Services were held Dec. 16 at Conestoga Mennonite Church, Ephrata, with Bishop Ammon Weaver officiating. Interment took place in the adjoining church cemetery.
Arrangements by Stradling Funeral Homes, Inc., Akron/Ephrata. Online condolences can be given at stradlingfuneralhome.com.