- Warwick grad producing ‘Million Dollar Quartet’ at Dutch Apple
- Hello (again), Dolly!
- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- St. Patty’s musical at Ephrata Main
- Dance, concert will benefit Jamaica missions
- Happy Anniver5ary, St. Boniface!
- Downtown diversity
- Travelogue will explore Colorado River this Saturday
- Cool lineup!
Russell McQuate, 90, WWII veteran, carpenter
Russell E. McQuate, 90, of Leola, died Monday, March 26, 2012 at Ephrata Manor.
He was preceded in death by his wife, Charlotte I. (Diem) McQuate in 2008. Born in Elizabeth Township, he was the son of the late Lillian I. (Blocker) Steiger.
Russell had been a carpenter for Buckwalter Construction, Lancaster, and was a member of Ranck’s United Methodist Church. He served in the Army Air Corps as an airplane mechanic during World War II and was a member of the Charles E. Ludwig Post 7362, VFW, New Holland. He had also been a long-time member of Earl Lodge, International Order of Odd Fellows, New Holland.
Surviving are three children: Allen, husband of Karen (Mosebach) McQuate, of Leola; Bonnie, wife of James W. Diem, of New Holland; and Cindy, wife of Ken Allison, of New Holland; five grandchildren; and five great-grandchildren.
A private service will be held at the convenience of the family.
Kindly omit flowers. If desired, memorials may be sent in Russell’s name to Ranck’s United Methodist Church, 700 Ranck Road, New Holland, PA 17557.
The Beck Funeral Home, New Holland, is in charge of arrangements. Online condolences and remembrances may be posted at beckfuneral.com.