- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
- A sure sign of summer: Denver finalizes community pool plans
- Spam a little for ‘Spamalot’
- Family ‘Owl’bum
Russell McQuate, 90, WWII veteran, carpenter
Russell E. McQuate, 90, of Leola, died Monday, March 26, 2012 at Ephrata Manor.
He was preceded in death by his wife, Charlotte I. (Diem) McQuate in 2008. Born in Elizabeth Township, he was the son of the late Lillian I. (Blocker) Steiger.
Russell had been a carpenter for Buckwalter Construction, Lancaster, and was a member of Ranck’s United Methodist Church. He served in the Army Air Corps as an airplane mechanic during World War II and was a member of the Charles E. Ludwig Post 7362, VFW, New Holland. He had also been a long-time member of Earl Lodge, International Order of Odd Fellows, New Holland.
Surviving are three children: Allen, husband of Karen (Mosebach) McQuate, of Leola; Bonnie, wife of James W. Diem, of New Holland; and Cindy, wife of Ken Allison, of New Holland; five grandchildren; and five great-grandchildren.
A private service will be held at the convenience of the family.
Kindly omit flowers. If desired, memorials may be sent in Russell’s name to Ranck’s United Methodist Church, 700 Ranck Road, New Holland, PA 17557.
The Beck Funeral Home, New Holland, is in charge of arrangements. Online condolences and remembrances may be posted at beckfuneral.com.