- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
- A sure sign of summer: Denver finalizes community pool plans
- Spam a little for ‘Spamalot’
- Family ‘Owl’bum
Ruth A. Phillips, 89, registered nurse, pianist
Ruth A. Phillips, 89, of Ephrata, passed away Tuesday, Sept. 10, 2013, at Ephrata Community Hospital.
She was born in Reinholds to Claude the late and Hannah (Noll) Gensemer and was the wife of the late J. Reed Phillips, who passed away May 1988.
Ruth graduated from Lancaster General Hospital in September of 1945 as an RN and did general duty nursing at the Reading Hospital and the Lancaster Osteopathic Hospital. She was a member of Zion Lutheran Church, Leola, where she sang in the church choir. Ruth was a member of Ephrata Golden Years club where she played Pinochle. She loved to play the piano, which she did for 80 years.
Ruth is survived by a son: Eric Phillips of Ephrata; daughter: Charlotte, wife of Rex Preece of Arnold, Md.; two grandchildren: Ian and Reed Preece and a great-granddaughter: Lily Preece.
In addition to her husband and mother, she was preceded in death by a brother and sister, Paul Gensemer and Helen Barto.
A viewing was held Sept. 4 at the Stradling Funeral Home, Ephrata, followed by funeral services with Rev. Richard Cook officiating. Interment will take place in the Memory Gardens Memorial Cemetery.
Ruth was a loving and caring person to her family and friends and will be greatly missed by all who knew her.
Arrangements by Stradling Funeral Homes, Inc., Akron/Ephrata. Online condolences can be given at stradlingfuneralhome.com.